Expertise in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is becoming an important sought after skill in industries from IT sector to government agencies. Our GIS Specialization training, offered by experts in the field of GIS. we will teach you the skills required to leverage GIS technology in your professional career. We have divided our entire GIS training in different categories, this is done for the students to choose the level of difficulty from their perspective.
This course is aimed at introducing the professionals to the basic concepts of GIS technology. This GIS training course covers principles of GIS and technologies associated with such as GPS (global positioning system), Lidar (Light Detection and Ranging), remote sensing, Digital Photogrammetry and more. As for career oriented direction, topics such as Functions of GIS, Data representation in GIS, and Applications of GIS are discussed at length.
This GIS training course is for professionals who are ready to develop applications with GIS, we introduce the professionals to technologies like QGIS, GRASS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) and GIS APIs. Basically here professionals are trained to develop applications using the GIS technology. Training is given to manage PostGIS DB, spatial analysis using Spatial DB, plugin development using C++, understanding the code and API of QGIS, and Developing standalone GIS applications using QGIS API.
This GIS training covers advanced topics such as Mobile Mapping with GPS, Electromagnetic Spectrum, Image Pre-Processing Techniques, Raster Data Structures, Map Layout & Printing, Types of Errors and their Resolutions and post processing. In this GIS training, professionals are taught to develop GIS application from scratch to finish. This training also helps professionals to understand and solve the problems and bugs associated with the GIS development process.
- What is a Map?
- Elements of a Map
- Map Characteristics
- The shape of the earth
- Measurements on the Globe
- Map projection Concepts
- Projection Types Based on Projection Surface
- Determining a Coordinate System
- Information Management
- Application Oriented approach
- The Database Approach
- Database Terms
- Types of Database Management Systems
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Database Design
- Database Implementation
- Processes of Remote Sensing
- Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR)
- Interaction of EMR With Atmosphere and Earth
- Spectral Reflectance and Spectral Signature
- Remote Sensing Systems
- Why Remote Sensing?
- Remote Sensing Data
- Remote sensing Data Utilization
- Remote sensing Applications
- Advantages and Limitations of Aerial Photographs
- Aerial Cameras
- Basic Characteristics of Aerial Photographs
- Geometry of Vertical Photographs
- Photogrammetric Elements
- Measurements of aerial photos
- Photogrammetric Instruments
- Digital Photogrammetry
- Who is an Interpreter?
- Factors Governing Image Quality
- Image Characteristics
- Interpretation Keys or Elements of Interpretation
- Feature Types Interpreted from Images
- Steps in image Interpretation
- Thematic Mapping Through Visual interpretation
- Spectral Signatures of Objects
- Concept of Multi-Images